The top 5 Dog-Friendly beaches in the world
Traveling is always fun. The different sights and sounds are always a welcome treat for those who like to try new things. While traveling solo has its perks, there’s no denying that the vacation becomes extra fun when shared with family and friends.
And by family and friends, it does not just mean people, but also the four-legged kind. Dogs are considered just as part of the family for so many people all over the world. In fact, one of the things many pet owners look for when going on a holiday is whether their destination will be dog-friendly
If you and your family are planning a holiday vacation and you want to make sure to bring your pet dog with you, beaches are always a great idea. Dogs not only like frolicking in the water, but the vast space is also perfect for playing games or just running around. Here are some of the best dog-friendly beaches in the world that you can check out for your next destination.
- Montrose Dog Beach, Chicago – the entrance is free at this beach, which is mostly open from around dawn up to around 9 at night. But there are dog-friendly areas where you would need to pay around $5 to enter, but your dogs can run all over the place without a leash.
- Huntington Dog Beach, California – located off the Pacific Coast Highway, think of a beach that spans about a mile long where your dog can around and play. A nonprofit organization runs this beach, so you may want to make some kind of donation to make your appreciation for their efforts known.
- Dog Beach, Fort Myers, Florida – this is a great place as it has been established especially for people who own dogs. As with most dog-friendly beaches, dogs are allowed to roam the area leash-free. What’s great about this place is they have what is called Kayak with Canine, which lets you and your four-legged friend enjoy a paddle around the beach.
- Sandymouth, Cornwall – dogs are welcome at this wide beach all year round. It has facilities and parking and it’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon with your family and friends.
- Camber Sands, East Sussex – while the area is known and popular for its surfing spots, at winter, due to the low tide, it’s a great place for dogs to just run. When it’s summertime, dogs are allowed access to some parts of the beach, but what’s great is that the beach is near towns where there are a lot of cafes and dining places that allow dogs in their establishments.
When it comes to planning a trip with your canine pal, it’s always good to research on the local ordinances regarding bringing a pet. All that planning will be for nothing if you find that there are some restrictions or rules that you have forgotten.
If you are planning to go to the UK, check out this list of dog-friendly beaches to help you in making a decision on where you can go. The site has detailed what to expect in each beach and even points out what other attractions you can see in the area.
This is a collaborative post