Garlic is like a magical food item that enhances the taste of your dish. You can garnish over your dishes for decoration as well. When it comes to peeling or mincing garlic, not everyone is familiar with the right process. Even some don’t actually know how to choose garlic which is why you can’t have that ultimate taste of garlic. No need to worry about it because we’ll go through some easy steps that one needs to mince and peel garlic. We’ll also get to know what are the things to look for before buying garlic. So what are we waiting for? Let’s go down and have some information related to garlic.
How to Choose a Garlic
It all starts with the quality of garlic, no one likes to have garlic that is soggy or full of moisture. In order to choose the right garlic, you have to look for a bunch of garlic that is firm and solid not soft. They should be looking plump and have a dry surface without having moisture. You have to store them in a dry and airy place like in your kitchen. By the way, have a look at the best kitchen design ideas and work on one to make your kitchen beautiful, airy, and well-categorised.
How to Peel, Slice, and Mince Garlic
We’ll go through all steps to know how can we slice and mince the garlic easily. Let’s go down and start following the steps with given instructions.
After buying a bunch of garlic, you have to start taking off the layers of garlic. Garlic comes in a wrapped form with those papery layers on.
If you want to use all cloves of garlic, you have to press the garlic’s bulb (head) by your hand to loosen all of the garlic cloves and then separate all of the cloves using your thumb or knife. In case you want to use a few cloves of garlic, just don’t break the head and just pull off some cloves as per your need.
It’s time to peel your garlic cloves, start peeling cloves by using a knife or you can use your thumb as well.
After peeling garlic cloves, you can have garlic in a crushed, minced, or sliced form. It all depends on your own preferences. In case you want to crush a clove of garlic, just start crushing a clove using any sharp kitchen knife.
If you are looking forward to slicing a clove of garlic, then you need to lay that garlic clove flat right on the cutting board and hold it firmly using your fingertips in a curled position, and start to keep moving your knife across the clove slowly unless it is fully sliced.
In order to mince a garlic clove, you have to crush that clove the way mentioned in step 4. After crushing a garlic clove, you have to put your hand in a flat way over your knife and start chopping garlic in a rocking motion until it gets fully minced.
That’s how simple it was to get things done with garlic, so now why not have a look at some advantages of using garlic?
Advantages of using a Garlic
There are many advantages of using garlic that most of us are not familiar with. Let’s go down and have a look at some amazing benefits of using garlic.
- Good for Heart- According to studies, garlic found to be helpful in decreasing cholesterol due to the inclusion of Allicin’s anti-oxidant properties in the garlic. You can take garlic either in the raw form or in any dish but it provides benefit to people with heart diseases which is more than enough to ask for because cholesterol is a problem for many.
- Lowers Blood Pressure- Garlic also helps in lowering your blood pressure.
- Helps in Fighting Cancer– The inclusion of Phytochemicals in the garlic makes this a better ingredient to use in reducing cancer growth and in the overall fight against cancer. For your information, Phytochemicals are supposed to be found from plants that protect body cells from any type of damage that leads to cancer.
- Works against Cold and Flu – According to research and studies, garlic is very helpful in providing relief to your nose when having a cold and flu. It would be best if you take garlic with honey otherwise you can also take raw garlic as well depends on your own preferences.
- Natural Antibiotic – You would be surprised to know that there are antibiotic properties in the garlic which makes it a strong ingredient to use against infections and bacteria.
Besides these few, there are many other advantages that you can have by using garlic. It doesn’t matter either you take garlic in any dish or in the raw form, it’s gonna benefit you in all ways.
As an overall summary, we can conclude that mincing and peeling a clove of garlic is easy and all you have to do is to follow proper steps. We came to know that you can use garlic in any form as you want according to your preferences. We came to know some of the advantages of using garlic that we were not aware of. We’ve realised how much garlic is helpful to us in dealing with cholesterol, heart diseases, and in terms of lowering blood pressure.