If you are looking for the best flooring type, then dear friends let me tell you there are several options available in the market that can easily confuse you. One of the common types of floorings which is highly in demand in recent times is epoxy flooring. This is indeed a good choice and millions of users including homeowners are giving preference to this great flooring option. However, there are certain advantages as well as disadvantages when you opt for epoxy flooring which we will discuss in this write-up. Read on further to know more about it.
The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring:
1. Shock Resistant – One of the prime benefits of epoxy flooring is the durable finish that it possesses. This specifically means that the epoxy flooring can easily handle the various impacts of different intensities. Even dropping of heavy objects or heavy machinery is being moved across the epoxy flooring, this flooring can handle them all with ease. This is certainly an excellent option for several industrial situations like the factories, warehouses, and production plants.
2. Water and Fire Resistance – The epoxy flooring is highly suitable for the industrial plants, as they offer the desired resistance from water and fire. Although they are not completely resistant to fire, they can stand up strong till 200 degrees of heat which ensures that the concerned building in which it is used will stand better chances of surviving the blazes. The epoxy flooring is also water resistant and is strong enough to withstand the exposure to the several strong chemicals which come in contact with the epoxy flooring.
3. Affordable – Of all the available flooring options in the market in the present times, the epoxy flooring is one of the affordable options. They can be installed directly on top of the concrete slab which is great. This is obvious that by adopting epoxy flooring, you would be able to save a lot of your hard-earned money.
4. Durability – A major benefit of epoxy flooring is its durability. When the installation and maintenance take place rightfully under the supervision of experts, they usually last for decades without the problems of cracking or peeling. This strongly adds to the affordability factor, as well.
5. Cleanliness – Epoxy flooring is great in those facilities which require constant drainage solutions. When paired with the slot drain systems, the epoxy floors are easy to keep clean and thus it perfectly maintains sanitation.
The Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring
1. The Requirement Of Preparation During Installation – While the epoxy floorings can be installed directly over a piece of a concrete slab, it does not mean that preparations are not required at the time of installation. In order to install the epoxy flooring in the right manner, the surface of the concrete requires to be thoroughly clean, as it does not adhere to dirty surfaces. Unique cleaning agents are required for cleaning the surface at the time of the epoxy flooring installation.
2. The Requirement Of Maintenance – Though the epoxy flooring is tough and durable, there are certain maintenance duties that you have to undertake in order to extend the durability of the epoxy flooring. There can be certain minor flaws which can occur at times but those needs to be taken care of at the right time to avoid bigger maintenance expenses in the near future.
3. Slippery Surface – In the case of the epoxy floorings, there is a higher potential of the slippery surface. This is crucial to consider before epoxy flooring is installed.
You must necessarily take the above-discussed pros and cons into consideration before making a final decision on the epoxy flooring for the best results.