5 Things To Remember When Kitting Out Bridesmaids
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. You’re choosing to get married, and as a part of your planning, you need to think about who you want to be standing up there at the altar with you – other than the groom, of course!
Choosing your bridesmaids is one of the most exciting parts of the process. You know that they will be with you at the altar, but they’re also there with you at your bridal fittings, when you say yes to the dress and when you go shopping for their dresses, too. Choosing the right bridesmaids’ dresses isn’t always easy, but it can be done when you remember these five essential things when it comes to kitting out your bridesmaids.
- Always think about your budget before you get started. You need to know what you can afford for the number of bridesmaids you have. For example, you may want all of your bridesmaids dresses to match, but the budget doesn’t account for it. Instead, you should consider letting the bridesmaids choose their own dresses based on a colour – pink is the most popular color bridesmaid dresses! As long as they have the colour and a budget, they can choose what suits them according to said budget!
- Next, think about your bridesmaids and their look. This is the reason to let them be a big part of the dress selection process. Some are not going to suit long, floor-length dresses in the same that not every bridesmaid will be able to wear a corset. We all have different shapes and needs, and these must be considered.
- Before you settle on the style of dress, remember that the weather will be a factor – mainly if your wedding is outdoors. Winter weddings should come with fur or shawl for warmth, and summer weddings must think about lighter materials to accommodate the heat. Your bridesmaids will thank you if you are considering their comfort!
- What’s your wedding style? A full 50’s bridesmaid dress is not going to suit a modern theme for your wedding, and you’re not going to want dresses that are too out there when your wedding is low key. Always consider the style of your wedding before you choose dresses. If you’ve picked a vintage wedding, then staying away from the metallic materials is a brilliant idea!
- Wedding dress shades are vital. Do you want fluorescent orange for a peach colour theme? Likely not! The shade of the bridesmaid’s dresses does matter – especially as these are going to be immortalised in your wedding video and your photo album. Your bridesmaids may well be in charge of their dresses, so be specific with them on the shade of the dress that you want.
Your bridesmaids will need accessories and shoes, too, so make sure that these are all similar enough to complement each other before you pay for everything. These girls are by your side – they should look good while being there, and it’s up to you to make it happen.