Ooh secrets…But as someone pointed out, if you tell us, then they won’t be secrets anymore, which is true, so instead I will give you 10 things that you probably don’t know about me, although if you took part last year, there may be a couple of the same ones, because you know baby brain of 19 years and the last day before the children are on school holidays…
1. I once had the police turn up at my door to enquire about an alleged assault. A girl in my year at high school had been spreading vicious rumours about me, so I did what any 15 year old girl would do, I tipped a pot of black treacle in her lovely permed hair! In my defence she was a really horrible person and had beaten up one of my friends the week before and given her a black eye, luckily my friend came round whilst the police were there and gave a statement about the girl and all accusations were dropped, not my finest hour!
2. I hardly watch any television, in fact the most I watch in any day is a film of approximately 2 hours if the children go to bed before 10pm, or a 1 hour show if its after 10.30pm.
3. All of my seven children’s names have specific meanings, they were not just randomly picked from a book, or suggested by a work colleague (like I was, thanks for the thought mum!)
4. I went to a Bros concert when I was 13 at Wembley Arena, with my grolsch bottle tops on my DMs, my poor dad was dragged along as my sister and two next door neighbours were not old enough to go alone!
5. I worked as a children’s entertainer for a season and every week as well as looking after the children anddoing all of the party dances I was part of a ‘King of The Week competition’ which involved holiday makers dressing up as John Wayne and I was the Indian Squaw, complete with full fancy dress, they had to ‘fight’ an alligator (inflatable) throw me over their shoulder and run around the clubhouse, rescuing me then end with a Tarzan Call, everyone in the audience thought it was hilarious and I became a dab hand at avoid the large pillars around the room that they would accidentally knock me into!!
6. I worked in a Supermarket whilst at college, but in those days you had to type in every price and each item had to be marked up with a price gun, none of this scanning lark!
7. I have met Let Loose and Boyzone whilst they were performing at the Leisure Centre where Asa and I fell in love, they were all lovely, and their families too.
8. When I was 13 I got hit by a car, another of my finest moments, it was a Yellow Mini Metro and I wrote off the front of the car by making knee imprints in the bonnet! I spent 5 days in hospital and sustained no broken bones, although it took place the day before my mum and dad’s wedding anniversary, so i’ve never been able to forget that one, and I get blamed for all my mum’s grey hairs!
9. When I was 11 I owned my own pony, he was a Grey Welsh Mountain Pony called Taff and he had a habit of trying to throw me off every time we went for a ride!! Unfortunately I shared him with another family, so when my parents moved from Essex to Yorkshire he had to stay behind, so it cost my mum and dad a fortune paying for horse riding every week, so I could still get my horse fix!
10. I was born in Kent, then moved to Essex, then South Yorkshire, and finally settled betwen Norfolk and Suffolk, with houses in both counties!
There we go, they aren’t secrets anymore, fingers crossed none of the people that took part in the JOhn Wayne competitions are reading…
Loading InLinkz ...