#Blogtober16 Day 5 What Career Did You Have Planned as A Child ?

WOW! #Blogtober16 Day 5, nearly a sixth of the way through the month already!

OK, so this one was listed because, basically I have had many career talks with my three eldest and it is changing all the time, when Neva was little she wanted to be a giraffe when she grew up!

When I was quite little I dreamed of being an Air Hostess, yes little old me wanted to be a trolley dolly, that was, until the age of 8, when I had been on three family holiday to Spain and I detested flying!

After a swift career change I swung between a teacher and a landlady, I had many an afternoon serving ‘pints’ in my mums kitchen to my poor little sister and her dolls, and on the other days of the week when the pub was shut, she would be subjected to hours of sums and saying “Yes Miss Lee” to the register…

Finally at the age of 13 I settled on being a nurse, think it was the time in hospital for my car accident and the work experience at 15 with a bunch of cute porters.

In the end I guess my Teacher dream was the nearest as I studied for a degree in Childcare and Youth Studies, but worked with younger children.

I obviously wouldn’t have aspired to be my current Social Media Manager role, as it didn’t even exist, imagine a world without the internet, facebook, twitter and instagram!

So, go on tell all, what did you want to be when you grew up, and did any of you actually stick with it ?

Blogtober16

Loading InLinkz ...
Share:

9 Comments

1. October 5, 2016 / 5:48 am

Ah Ah I love that one of your children wanted to be a giraffe #blogtober16

2. October 5, 2016 / 9:21 am

Much like you I had early aspirations to be an air hostess but now I’m absolutely terrified of flying!

3. October 5, 2016 / 8:21 pm

I think being an air hostess has a bit of a glamorous image doesn’t it – although I’m not sure I could hack the time changes or any rude customers. My kids are a little bit young for career chat yet – my daughter wants to be an author or a fashion designer or run a chain of toy shops. I think my twins could be in the demolition business to harness their destructive impulses!

4. October 5, 2016 / 9:30 pm

Oh Id love to be a giraffe. I couldn’t handle all the drunks on an airplane being an air hostess x

5. October 6, 2016 / 6:34 am

You are brave! It certainly wasn’t something I ever considered… the first time I ever flew on a plane I was 16 years of age!
    #Blogtober16

6. October 13, 2016 / 5:32 pm

I wanted to be a nurse, and I got into uni to study for adult but really wanted to peads so I declined. But I love being a mum(and nurse) to my 4 small children
    #Blogtober16

7. October 14, 2016 / 7:40 pm

We’re very similar… at least later on anyway! I wanted to be plenty of things but settled on a teacher at the end of high school and all the way though college and uni. I now work as a digital marketing assistant… mainly with social media! lol